Every second year, Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters’ Guild (KWKG) members submit knitted projects to be modeled in a fashion show after being adjudicated by a guest designer. A celebration of the diversity of members’ interests and creativity, the event showcases members’ talent and celebrates the craft we enjoy.
For 2017-18, the Guild is focusing on sustainability and slow fashion, culminating in our 2018 Adjudicated Show. Entries will be collected at the guild meeting in May and is open to all members of the KWKG in good standing. Items must be knit between June 2016 and May 8, 2018.
||Tuesday, June 12th, 2018
||First United Church
Corner of William and King Sts
Uptown Waterloo, Ontario
Adjudicator - Lynn Spence
“Lynn Spence is a familiar face and household name to many [...] across the nation, having appeared on Canada’s hit daytime show Cityline for more than 15 years. Offering her keen eye for style and décor, this model-turned-stylist started her career in Montreal and is now one of Canada’s most sought-after trend experts.”
Photo Credit: Andreas Trauttmansdorff
- An Original Act: e.g., did you design the item, the pattern, the fibre?
- Classics, Traditional:, e.g., fisherman knits, Guernsey, Estonian lace, Fair Isle, Shetland, Lace, Mary Maxim, any classic design that has stood the test of time
- Keeping Cozy: e.g., mittens, gloves, wrist-warmers, fingerless gloves, socks, slippers, leg-warmers
- Home Decor: e.g., blankets, pillows, afghans, curtains, ottomans, toys, household accessories, home decor
- It’s a Wrap: e.g., scarves, shawls
- Jewelry: e.g., necklace, bracelet, (as we saw from Laura Nelkin)
Runway Fashions, Couture: e.g., garments to wear, interesting finishing, short rows, hand sewn buttonholes, fine details, perfect fitting.
- >Bags, Bags, Bags!: e.g., purses, market bags, clutch purses, beaded purses.
- Not for adjudication (for display only) Have something that you want to show off, but not have judged? This is the category for you.
Subcategories (apply to categories 1 – 6)
- First item of a “type” you’ve knit (e.g., first socks, first shawl, etc.)
- First time using a new technique (e.g., first colourwork project, first lace project, etc.)
- First time using new materials or fibre
- First time entering an item for adjudication
It’s not your first time, but you aren’t a guru either
- You are a professional knitter, designer, or fibre artist
- You are regularly recognized as an expert knitter
- Your work is regularly recognized through awards
Note: The Adjudicated Show committee reserves the right to reassign entries if they deem the entry is better suited to another category.
Would you like to Sponsor the 2018 Adjudicated show? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org