November 10 – Crooked Kitchen Yarns
with Laura Jones
Local dyer, Laura Jones, will show off her yarns and speak about her journey as a dyer. Bring lots of questions!
It all started in my kitchen (which is actually crooked), when I knew I had to try dyeing yarn. I started with food colouring and drink-crystals and became hooked almost immediately. I ordered some commercial acid dyes, spent a weekend playing around when the rest of the family was away and knew that I had to feed my creative self by dyeing. The shop evolved from there mainly because I couldn’t stop. My husband and I converted our furnace/storage room in the basement into my little “studio” and it’s been packed to the rafters ever since. I absolutely love being down there immersed in the creative process, then selling online, but I especially love getting out to fibre festivals, trunk shows and guild meetings where I can meet and talk to all you wonderful fibre enthusiasts.
Would you like to join us? You can pay the guest fee of $5 by Sunday, November 8 and we'll send you a link!
- 6:50 p.m. – Get signed on and comfortable, asking for any tech help you need.
- 7:00 p.m. – Announcements and Guild business
- 7:25 p.m. – Show & Tell & Ask and if time a quick stand-and-stretch break
- 7:45 p.m. – Laura speaks about Crooked Kitchen Yarns
- 8:45 p.m. – Door prize draw
- 9:00 p.m. – Goodnight!