The Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters’ Fair is one of the largest all-knitting events in Canada. For many years, the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters’ Guild has offered a one-day fair organized “by knitters for knitters.”
This Fair, held at Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex in Kitchener, now presents approximately 50 vendors offering the latest and greatest of knitting products. Imagine two large rooms dedicated to craft of knitting, where you can see and feel the latest yarn, ogle the vibrant colours, visit with your friends, listen to some great speakers, and pamper yourself with a hand massage. We offer an incredible display of yarns in every colour, knitting books, patterns, and accessories.
We also offer:
- Low admission price
- Fashion Show
- Panel of Speakers
- Door Prizes
- Lunch Options
- Date: Saturday, September 13, 2014
- Admission: $7 per person, children under 12 free.
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location:Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex
400 East Ave
We are excited to bring you a panel of wonderful podcasters to talk about their podcasts, knitting, yarn, sheep, and other fun things!
- Teresa Gregorio (canarysanctuary) is a knitwear designer, blogger, and podcaster (http://www.canaryknits.com/) who talks about about knitting, designing patterns, and other crafty endeavours.
- Maggie Salter (MASalter) and Karen Shepherd (knitwit1912) are the hostesses of Knit1geek2 (http://knit1geek2.mt-pockets.org/), where they discuss knitting, scifi and pop culture, and how they intersect.
- Sasha Torres (thecraftyrabbit) hosted The Spin Doctor Podcast (http://www.spindoctorpodcast.com/), where she reviewed products, services, events, and information for the passionate handspinner. Sadly, it has been discontinued but it is still available to listen. She is now working on Sheepspot (http://www.sheepspot.com/), a company that produces local, sustainable, and/or organic wool grown by ethically-treated sheep, and specializes in breed-specific yarns.